Monday, April 16, 2007

From Benicia to Blacksburg and Back

It's been one of those rare days where my thought toward self is very deep. Naturally, every single day involves a majority of self-centered moments. I start out mopey and worm-eating. No one seems to take any interest in what I have to offer and the insights God is giving me. So they're just for me and not to pass on?

- perhaps -

So I get home for lunch and the greatest person on the face of this earth during my lifetime informs me of the events in Blacksburg. I just say "sick" and then return to my inwardly turned perspective.

Now it's hitting me - especially reading of what seemed to have taken place just hours ago.

Darkness! Mine and his. Mine is just as dark without the severe and far-reaching consequences. It's true that "there is not one who does good, no, not one."

The blood-curdling screams of today are only a part of what prompted YHWH Mesheach to cry out in an Aramaic tongue: "Eloi! Eloi! Lama Sabacthani!"

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" - John 1:29

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi,

Jeff

No comments: