Friday, April 20, 2007

Campus Marshals?

Many opinions on how to "prevent this from happening again" - - the majority weighing in that "we can't."

"Hey Cho - where you goin' with that gun in your hand?" cannot be stopped when there is intelligence and scheming mixed in with a demented and deranged mind. I'm holding my breath in anticipation of succeeding copycats.

Among the many pundit sound bytes on the news, I heard the idea of trained and qualified teachers and students with concealed weapons. Just like the clandestine sky marshals on all domestic flights. Initially, I thought “no way” but then reconsidered. I’m sure the extreme gun opponents would resist with vigor and volume.

What about having that or at least those mechanisms that police use where barbs are fired at a suspect and electricity immobilizes them?

The way our culture is going, something needs to be set in place that will serve as a deterrent or at least create some kind of hesitation in the minds of the Cho Seung Hui’s among us. I realize that this world can be dangerous and unsafe (Mesheach warns us about “trouble” down here numerous times) – but I think we can take measures to curb this kind of extreme darkness.

Is it possible?

Jeff

No comments: