Wednesday, August 22, 2007

We'll Take Prayer Anytime!

I've made known to more than a few the needs you can see in my previous post (August 10th).

I was warned that some will understand and some will not. And there are those who need to process and digest what it is - exactly - that we are doing.

One particular person - within our mutual large circle - stated: "I almost expected to see a deposit slip at the end of your message ;-)" and then added: "I have never asked for a dime from anyone in my life." I thought about the comment and realized how often this particular person has asked me to pray for them. "Resource is a relative thing." - I thought.

We realize that not everyone will be influenced to provide resources for things that demand capital. That's okay with us. But we DO believe in the influence and power of prayer as a supreme resource. So please do that before you do anything else. With that, we'll make it fine.

"Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD ?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God."
-Proverbs 30:8 & 9

No comments: